CBE Intranet

Financial Resources


Husky Promise is the UW’s guarantee to Washington state undergraduate students that we will not let financial challenges stand in the way of discovering their potential or achieving a UW degree.

The Childcare Assistance Program is designed to assist UW Seattle Campus students in covering the costs of licensed childcare for their children (ages birth – 12 years old) while enrolled in an eligible program of study.  This award is funded by Services & Activities fees paid by students attending the Seattle campus.

Scholarships for Undocumented Students
On this page, there are links and websites to many scholarships. HB 1079 students are eligible to apply for a large percentage of these scholarships. There are also generic scholarships for underrepresented minority students and first generation students.

Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity
Did you know that you could actually get funding for that research project you have always wanted to take on? The Undergraduate Research Program (URP), which is housed at the University of Washington in the Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity, Mary Gates Hall 171, under the auspices of Undergraduate Academic Affairs, facilitates research experiences for undergraduates with UW faculty members across the disciplines. URP maintains a listing of current UW research opportunities and national programs.

The URP assists UW undergraduates in:

  • Planning for an undergraduate research experience
  • Identifying faculty mentors and projects
  • Defining research goals
  • Presenting and publishing research findings
  • Seeking funding for research

The UW Food Pantry
Located in Poplar Hall, our entrance is on the north side of the building at Brooklyn and 41st.

The UW Food Pantry provides food assistance to students, staff, and faculty who for whatever reason are having a hard time putting food on their plate.  It could be the result of a short-term disruption in your finances, a food desert in your community, or a lack of access to other financial assistance.  If you are making a choice between the food you need to sustain a healthy life and other pressing priorities we call this experience food insecurity.

HousingSearchNW provides a free website where you can search available housing options across the state of Washington.

The YWCA of King and Snohomish counties offers a variety of programs to assist individuals and families overcome poverty, homelessness, violence and discrimination. Services include emergency shelter, affordable housing, economic empowerment, domestic violence support, youth programs, health care access, and much more.

The City of Seattle funds Seattle’s community health centers. These centers help assure better access to health care for people living in Seattle. The centers offer primary medical and dental care to those who would not otherwise get it.

Seattle Milk Fund empowers parents toward higher education opportunities by funding child care grants and providing family support. Their goal is for parents to realize their higher education potential, which can create a brighter and more stable financial future for their families.

Hopelink is a community action agency that has served homeless and low-income families, children, seniors and people with disabilities. The agency has five multi-purpose service centers, and five housing sites throughout north and east King County. The service centers are equipped with food banks, and a staff of specialists offering various support programs, such as family development, adult education, employment training, home heating assistance and more.

University District Food Bank
For 32 years, the University District Food Bank has helped prevent hunger in northeast Seattle neighborhoods. The food bank operates a walk-in food bank offering food, toiletries, baby formula, diapers and pet food to area residents.

For more than 40 years, SNAP has served as the foundation of America’s national nutrition safety net. It is the first line of defense against hunger and is a powerful tool for improving nutrition among low-income people.

Benefits come to the household via electronic debit cards, known as Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards which can be used in more than 246,000 approved retail stores nationwide to purchase food.

To get SNAP benefits, households must meet certain tests, including resource and income tests:

  • Resources
  • Income
  • Deductions
  • Employment Requirements
  • Special Rules for Elderly or Disabled
  • Immigrant Eligibility

WA Social and Health Services