CBE Intranet

Finance + Travel Forms

The Finance and Administration Office (FAO), housed in the Dean’s Office at the College of Built Environments, provides fiscal support for the departments, units and programs within the College. We are committed to timely, quality services while ensuring compliance with all College and University financial activities, policies and processes. We can assist with a variety of financial transactions including, but not limited to: reimbursements, procurement, honoraria, deposits, and budgeting assistance.

To determine the best course of action for your request please visit the UW Connect Finance Portal (note: you must be logged in to see the various forms available).

Scroll to the bottom of the page to find form links. 

Please Note:
CBE requires receipts for all transactions, even when under $75.00.


Before getting started please review the University’s PROCUREMENT QUICK GUIDE.  This resource will help guide you as you plan your procurement activities by providing consolidated information about sourcing, sole source procurement, unauthorized purchases, contracts and much more.

Below are the primary forms used when procuring and paying for goods or services used in the course of doing UW business.  Please remember to log in to access the forms.

  • Invoice Payment
  • ProCard Services
    • To apply for a new ProCard or CTA card, or request a credit limit increase: Credit Card Services (login is required)
  • Purchasing from a UW Supplier
  • Service Agreements
  • Supplier creation and maintenance

Reimbursement for UW Employees

Expense Reports are a Workday tool used to reimburse UW employees for travel and non-travel-related expenses made on behalf of UW business.  This process should be initiated by the employee directly in Workday.

Link to Job Aid: How to Create Travel and Non-Travel Spend Authorizations and Expense Reports

  • Travel Expense Reports:
    • Process used for reimbursement of travel that has occurred or will occur on behalf of UW.
    • You must have department approval for all travel.
    • A “Spend Authorization” should be submitted in advance through Workday with pre-approval form attached.
    • To request: Travel Spend Authorization & Reimbursement Request (login is required).

If you are a frequent traveler or are responsible for frequent travelers, it is advised that you enroll in “Travel Policies and Procedures” training as well as the “WD Hands-On Training” available through the Travel Office.

Visit the Travel Services web page for detailed information.

  • Non-Travel Related Expense Reports (formerly eReimbursements):
    • Process used for reimbursement of goods that have been purchased on behalf of UW.
    • You must have department approval for all travel.
    • To request: Non-Travel Reimbursement Request (login is required).

Reimbursement for NON-UW Employees

Miscellaneous Payments are a way of making a one-time payment to Non-UW employees who are US Citizens, Resident Aliens, and Nonresident Aliens.

If reimbursement is to be made to a company or entity other than an individual, you must pay them as a UW Supplier.  Email be-finance@uw.edu for assistance. 
  • Miscellaneous Payments:
    • Process used for reimbursement of individuals that are Non-UW employees (including UW students) for expenses made on behalf of UW business.
    • To request: Non-Employee Payment Request (login is required).

Miscellaneous Payments may include:

  • Awards / Prizes
    Used to pay awards and prizes for Non-UW employees.

    • Can be used for UW Students only if there is no stipulation on how funds are to be used by the student. Examples of this are awards or recognition for a special achievement, such as winning a judged competition, where the money can be used for any purpose. See Student Prizes and Awards
      • Recommendation: When submitting the request attach the award and/or prize letter.
  • Honoraria
    An amount of money paid to a professional person for which fees are not legally or traditionally required in recognition of a special service. The individual receiving the honorarium MAY NOT be an employee of the UW.

    • What qualifies as an honorarium?
      • A lecture or talk
      • A colloquium
      • An address
      • Grand Round
      • A continuing education presentation or similar activity given to students, staff, faculty, and/or the public at large
    • What does not qualify as an honorarium?
      • Payments to companies or other institutions
      • Personal Services or consulting services such as analyzing, designing, planning, facilitating, interpretation, marketing, performing, programming or organization development, research or scientific studies, strategic planning, video production, organizational assessment, quality assurance, editing, or reviewing.
        • Recommendation: When submitting the request, attach documentation (i.e. letter of invitation) justifying the honorarium – find the appropriate checklist here.
  • Non-Employee Travel Reimbursement
    • Review the Travel Services web page for guidance on travel policy and related questions.
    • To ensure a Miscellaneous Payee does not receive a 1099 for non-employee travel, fill out the following form and attach to the request: Non-Employee Travel Form
  • Non-UW Scholarships
  • Research Subjects
  • Royalties

Best Practices for Miscellaneous Payments:

  • Request a completed Form W-9 from the payee.  This form can be sent directly to the Finance and Administration office at be-finance@uw.edu.
    • Note: Each social security number is checked manually against the IRS database for accuracy by UW’s central finance offices.
    • Do not include social security numbers on any Workday business process, these are for internal CBE use only.
  • Set up a system within your department to ask up front if the individual is a foreign national.
  • Checks are recommended for payees that live in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand.
  • If an individual already has an active vendor number, submit an invoice payment request to make the payment.
  • If a service invoice is over the Direct Buy Limit, do not split the invoice into two different payments.
  • Do not submit a payment more than 2 weeks in advance of the service date.

(for a detailed list visit the miscellaneous payments web page)

Useful Payment and Purchase Forms

To request additional help that cannot be fulfilled by any other transaction-specific request forms, please go to the UW Connect Finance Forms page: General Finance Help Request (login is  required)

Campus Wide Resources

Workday Finance Transformation:

Learn more about the UW Finance Transformation project.  This modernization delivers a current, cloud-based system that will improve how the UW tracks, spends, collects, manages, and reports financial information.